Saturday, July 12, 2008

A Couple of Book Review Blogs I Recommend

Just briefly here, I want to recommend two other blogs that do a nice job of presenting their take on children's literature--I present them jealously, knowing that you will no doubt discover how far they outpace me in the beauty and discernment of their choices.
One I just discovered today is called The Children's Hour, by Ray Van Neste, a pastor and professor in Jackson, Tennessee. The other, though not entirely devoted to children's literature, is charming in its entirety anyway, and you won't mind poring through the rest to get to the book reviews: A Path Made Straight, by a woman named Elise, whose last name I don't know...but she writes very sweetly. I wish I had more time to read both of these blogs in great detail.
So there you are. A brief post, but potentially very profitable for you.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Thank you for telling me about this blog.

Your story in your profile is another example of God's grace. Thank you for sharing.

I'm especially glad I read your post about your son's homeschool binder. I've been *meaning* to do something along those lines as well. I believe I'll make that a goal this year. :) Thanks for the inspiration!

I'll definitely be stopping back. While there is a large homeschooling group in our area, I was still hoping to find some homeschool bloggers to check in with. So far I've got two on my list! Yay! :)

Thanks!